A carbon monoxide alarm is an alarm designed to detect elevated levels of carbon monoxide. This is extremely important for two reasons.
First of all, elevated levels of carbon monoxide are extremely dangerous, in fact, they can be fatal. Carbon monoxide interferes with your body’s ability to absorb and transport oxygen. so even though you are breathing normally you will still suffer from oxygen deprivation. If the level of carbon monoxide rises high enough, the oxygen deprivation will end up being fatal. You and your family could go to bed one night, then die in your sleep from carbon monoxide poisoning without ever even knowing what happened.
Secondly, carbon monoxide doesn’t have an odour, a colour, or a taste. It’s known as the silent killer because most people who succumb to its effects are never even aware that it is present.
You are probably wondering what the possible sources of carbon monoxide may be in your home, and what you can do to avoid them. Unfortunately, any type of home appliance that utilizes a flame such as a stove, water heater, grill, etc. will produce carbon monoxide. The good news is that if they are installed properly, and there is sufficient ventilation, the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is fairly minimal. Does that mean you don’t have to worry about having a carbon monoxide alarm? Absolutely not. A carbon monoxide alarm is necessary because it acts as a safety buffer, protecting you and your family in the event that something goes wrong with an appliance and the carbon monoxide levels in your home become dangerous.
Call us on (02) 8061 5028 to make a booking with our friendly technicians for installing a carbon monoxide alarm for your home.
Request a Quote
Book an Appointment